American Banker and Art Collector
- 25th Generation — 22nd Great-grandfather of J.P. Morgan
- Ahnentafel No:
- Henry I, King of France
- Anne of Kiev
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1057
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 18 Oct 1101
- Death Location:
- Tarsus in Cilicia, Turkey
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Cathedral of St. Paul, Tarsus in Cilicia, Turkey
- Spouse Name:
- Adéle of Vermandois
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1080
- Marriage Location:
- Isabel de Vermandois
Count of Vermandois, Count of Crépy, Duke of France and Burgundy, Leader of the 1st Crusade
aka Hugh Magnus or Hugues le Grand
Mortally wounded at the Battle of Heraclea in SEP 1101.
Hugh I of Vermandois
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Hugh I of Vermandois
- 1 A Genealogical History of the House of Yvery, In Its Different Branches of Yvery, Luvel, Perceval, and Gournay, Vol. 1, London: n. p. (1742), 304, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1943, Vol. 97, p. 342.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1970, Vol. 124, p. 86.
- 4 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. IV, p. 547.
- 5 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. V, pp. 268-271.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 524, 526, 528, 530.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 405.
- 8 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 57.
- 9 Wikipedia, "Hugh I, Count of Vermandois", (accessed 02/20/2010).
- 10 Wurts, John S., Magna Charta, New York: Brookfield Publishing Company (1942), 1653.