American Banker and Art Collector
- 6th Great-grandmother of J.P. Morgan — 9th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 1 Mar 1697/1698
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Henry Glover
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Hannah Glover (Ahnentafel No:247 )
Helena Russell is believed to be the sister of William Russell of New Haven, Connecticut, who married Sarah Davis. Other sources list her maiden name as Wakeman, Davis, or Cooper. There is no doubt that she is related to these families. However Paul W. Prindle makes a case in The American Genealogist (1972, Vol. 48, pp. 208-214) for Helena, wife of Henry Glover, to be the sister of William Russell, husband of Sarah Davis.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Helena Russell
- 1 The American Genealogist , New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online) , 1972, Vol. 48, pp. 208-214, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 The American Genealogist , New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online) , 1987, Vol. 62, p. 138, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 The New York Genealogical and Biographical Society , New York Genealogical and Biographical Record , 1942, Vol. 73, No. 3, pp. 159-166 and accompanying chart.
- 4 Trowbridge, Francis Bacon , The Ashley Genealogy: A History of the Descendants of Robert Ashley of Springfield, Massachus etts , New Haven: Press of Tuttle, Morehouse and Taylor (1896) , 21, Internet Archive (Digital Library).