TV and Movie Actress
- 4th Great-grandfather of Julie Bowen — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- 10 or 22 FEB 1792
- Birth Location:
- Tyringham, Berkshire, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 10 Feb 1825
- Death Location:
- Brooklyn, Kings, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- The Evergreens Cemetery, Brooklyn, Kings, New York
- Spouse Name:
- Huldah Emmaline Jones
- Marriage Date:
- 2 May 1816
- Marriage Location:
William Henry Ross
Lucy Almira Ross
Mary Elizabeth Ross (Ahnentafel No:53 )
William G. Ross
Rev. William Ross was originally buried in the Sands Street Methodist Episcopal Church Cemetery. His body was removed in 1888 after the church was sold to developers.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for William Ross
- 1 Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991, Probate records for estate of father-in-law Ephraim Jones.
- 2 National Advocate (New York, New York), 12 FEB 1825, p. 2, Obituary for Rev William Ross.
- 3 New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, U.S., United Methodist Church Records, 1775-1949, Forsyth Street Church, Birth record for son Charles Rushmore Burch.
- 4 New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, U.S., United Methodist Church Records, 1775-1949, Forsyth Street Church, Birth record for son Mark Hoyt Burch.
- 5 The Brooklyn Daily Eagle (Brooklyn, New York), 28 MAY 1900, p. 20, Obituary for son-in-law Rev Thomas H Burch.
- 6 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, S.A.R. No. 14190, Membership application for Charles Rushmore Burch.
- 7 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, S.A.R. No. 14191, Membership application for Mark Hoyt Burch.
- 8 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, SAR No 30326, Application for Harold William Crowell.
- 9 Bowman, Fred Q., 10,000 Vital Records of Central New York, 1813-1850, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1986), 206, Death record for Rev William Ross.
- 10 Warriner, Rev. Edwin, Old Sands Street Methodist Episcopal Church, of Brooklyn, N. Y.: An Illustrated Centennial Record . . ., New York: Phillips and Hunt (1885), 206-210, includes portrait of William, 418.
- 11 Werner, Charles J., Genealogies of Long Island Families: A Collection of Genealogies Relating to the Following Long Island Families . . ., New York: Charles J. Werner (1919), 70.