TV and Movie Actress
- 10th Great-grandfather of Julie Bowen — 13th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Samuel Smith
- Elizabeth Smith
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 25 Nov 1632
- Christening Location:
- Hadleigh, Suffolk, England
- Death Date:
- 10 Jan 1684/1685
- Death Location:
- Hadley, Hampshire, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Rebecca Foote
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1659
- Marriage Location:
John Smith (Ahnentafel No:3448 )
Philip Smith was said to have been murdered by Mary (Reeve) Webster using witchcraft. Mary was tried and aquitted.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Philip Smith
- 1 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 465.
- 2 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. VI, R-S, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 401.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles and others, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. II, C-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001), 543.
- 4 Foote, Abram W., Foote Family Comprising the Genealogy and History of Nathaniel Foote of Wethersfield, Conn. and his Descendants, Vol. 1, Rutland, Vermont: Marble City Press - The Tuttle Company (1907), 25.
- 5 Hook, James William, Lieut. Samuel Smith, His Children and One Line of Descendants and Related Families, New Haven, Connecticut: Unknown (1953), 18-21, 43.
- 6 Hopkins, Timothy, The Kelloggs in the Old World and the New, Vol. 1, San Francisco, California: Sunset Press and Photo Engraving Co. (1903), 40-41, see footnote regarding Philip being murdered by witchcraft.
- 7 Mather, Cotton, Memorable Providences Relating to Witchcrafts and Possessions . . ., The Second Impression, London, England: Printed for Tho. Parkhurst at the Bible and Three Crowns in Cheapside near Mercers-Chapel (1691), 54-59.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 110.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 457.
- 10 White, Almira Larkin White, ed., Ancestry of John Barber White and of his Descendants, Haverhill, Massachusetts: Press of C.H. Webster (1913), 208.