Stephen A. Douglas
Participated in Lincoln-Douglas Debates
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Stephen Arnold Douglass
- Sarah "Sally" Fiske
- Birth Date:
- 23 Apr 1813
- Birth Location:
- Brandon, Rutland, Vermont
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 3 Jun 1861
- Death Location:
- Chicago, Cook, Illinois
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Douglas Monument Park, Chicago, Cook, Illinois
U.S. Senator from Illinois noted for the famous Lincoln-Douglas Debates of 1858.
Stephen dropped the second "s" from his last name.
Stephen Arnold Douglas
Marriages for Stephen Arnold Douglas
- Martha A. Martin
- Marriage Date:
- 07 or 17 APR 1847
- Adele Cutts
- Marriage Date:
- 20 Nov 1856
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Stephen Arnold Douglas
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 03/30/2013).
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1877, Vol. 31, p. 166.
- 3 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, SAR #60943, Membership application for Martin Francis Douglas.
- 4 Vermont, Births and Christenings, Birth record for Stephen Arnold Douglass.
- 5 Vermont, Vital Records, 1760-2008, Birth record for Stephen Arnold Douglass.
- 6 Johnson, Allen, Stephen A. Douglas: A Study in American Politics, New York: The Macmillan Company (1908).
- 7 Pierce, Frederick Clifton, Fiske and Fisk Family: Being the Record of the Descendants of Symond Fiske, Lord of the Manor of Stadhaugh, . . ., Chicago, Illinois: Press of W. B. Conkey Company (1896), 171-179.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 208.
- 9 Wikipedia, "Stephen A. Douglas", (accessed 03/30/2013).