Stephen A. Douglas
Participated in Lincoln-Douglas Debates
- 3rd Generation — Grandfather of Stephen A. Douglas
- Ahnentafel No:
- Asa Douglas
- Rebecca Wheeler
- Birth Date:
- 3 Dec 1760
- Birth Location:
- Canaan, Litchfield, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 2 Oct 1829
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Congregational Church Cemetery, Brandon, Rutland, Vermont
- Spouse Name:
- Martha "Patty" Arnold
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- Stephen Arnold Douglass
Benajah Douglass's surname is spelled “ss” on his tombstone.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Benajah Douglass
- 1 Connecticut Births and Christenings, 1649-1906, Birth record for Benjamin Douglass, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 2 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Canaan, Page 24, Birth record for Benjamin Douglass, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Find A Grave, (accessed 03/30/2013).
- 4 Massachusetts Births and Christenings, 1639-1915, Birth record for son Stephen Douglas, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 5 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1877, Vol. 31, p. 166.
- 6 U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, SAR #60943, Membership application for Martin Francis Douglas, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 7 Illinois State Historical Society, Transactions of the Illinois State Historical Society for the Year, 1901 (Publication No. 6), Springfield, Illinois: Phillips Bros., State Printers (1901), 115, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 8 Johnson, Allen, Stephen A. Douglas: A Study in American Politics, New York: The Macmillan Company (1908), 4-5, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 208.
- 10 Robinson, Caroline E. and Daniel Goodwin, ed., The Gardiners of Narragansett: Being a Genealogy of the Descendants of George Gardiner The Colonist, 1638, Providence: Printed by the Editor (1919), 103, Internet Archive (Digital Library).