Salmon P. Chase
25th U.S. Secretary of the Treasury
- 4th Great-grandfather of Salmon P. Chase — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1618
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 21 or 27 DEC 1670
- Death Location:
- Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Ann Wheeler
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1644
- Marriage Location:
Moses Chase (Ahnentafel No:32 )
- Aquila Chase and his brother Thomas Chase have been said to be the sons of an Aquila Chase of Chesham, Co. Bucks, England. This has since been proven false as the supposed father and his son Aquila were both buried in the parish of St. Nicholas, Cole Abbey. The published vital records of Newbury give Aquila's death date as 27 December but probate records state that it was 21 December.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Aquila Chase
- 1 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Newbury Births, Vol. 1, Page 91, Birth record for son John Chase.
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Newbury Marriages, Vol. 1, Page 93, Birth record for daughter Mary Chase.
- 3 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Newbury Deaths, Vol. 2, Page 561, Death record for son John Chase.
- 4 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Newbury Births, Vol. 1, Page 94, Birth record for son Moses Chase.
- 5 Torrey's New England Marriages Prior to 1700, Page 6337.
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (20 15), 62.
- 7 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American P residential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 714.
- 8 Chase, John Carroll and George Walter Chamberlain, Seven Generations of the Descendants of Aquila and Thomas Chase, Haverhill, Massachusetts: Record Publishing Company (1928), 29-35, 521-522.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 27.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 443.
- 11 Warden, Robert B., An Account of the Private Life and Public Services of Salmon Portland Chase, Cincinnati, Ohio: Wilstach, Baldwin and Company (1874), 24.