Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- Great-grandfather of Stephen Hopkins — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Hopkins
- Joan Arnold
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 7 Apr 1616
- Christening Location:
- Yeovilton, Somerset, England
- Death Date:
- ABT 1684
- Death Location:
- Oyster Bay, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
William Hopkins (Ahnentafel No:4 )
Many sources incorrectly state that Thomas's wife is Elizabeth, the daughter of William Arnold. According to Robert Charles Anderson's The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, vol. 1, pp. 88-90, Elizabeth Arnold married William Carpenter and not Thomas Hopkins. So Thomas Hopkins's wife remains unknown.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Hopkins
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1879, Vol. 33, Page 428.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1948, Vol. 24, Page 5.
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles and others, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. I, A-B, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1999), 89-90.
- 4 Davenport, Charles Benedict, Naval Officers: Their Heredity and Development, Washington, D.C.: The Carnegie Institution of Washington (1919), 99-100.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 147.
- 6 The Society of the Descendants of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence, "Stephen Hopkins", (accessed 12/21/2017).
- 7 Wikipedia, "Thomas Hopkins (settler)", (accessed 04/17/2013).