Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- Great-grandfather of Stephen Hopkins — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- William Hopkins
- Joan Arnold
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 7 Apr 1616
- Christening Location:
- Yeovilton, Somerset, England
- Death Date:
- ABT 1684
- Death Location:
- Oyster Bay, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
William Hopkins (Ahnentafel No:4 )
Many sources incorrectly state that Thomas's wife is Elizabeth, the daughter of William Arnold. According to Robert Charles Anderson's The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, vol. 1, pp. 88-90, Elizabeth Arnold married William Carpenter and not Thomas Hopkins. So Thomas Hopkins's wife remains unknown.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Hopkins
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register , (New England Historic and Genealogical Society ), 1879, Vol. 33, Page 428.
- 2 The American Genealogist , New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online) , 1948, Vol. 24, Page 5, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles and others , The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. I, A-B< /a> , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1999) , 89-90.
- 4 Davenport, Charles Benedict , Naval Officers: Their Heredity and Development , Washington, D.C.: The Carnegie Institution of Washington (1919) , 99-100, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd , Notable Ki n, Volume 1 , Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998) , 147.
- 6 The Society of the Descendants of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence , "Stephen Hopkins" , (accessed 12/21/2017).
- 7 Wikipedia , "Thomas Hopkins (settler)" , (accessed 04/17/2013).