Jane G. Austin
- 5th Great-grandfather of Jane G. Austin — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1582
- Birth Location:
- prob. Hampshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 6 Jun 1644 to 17 Jul 1644
- Death Location:
- Plymouth, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Fisher
- Marriage Date:
- 19 Feb 1617/1618
- Marriage Location:
- St. Mary Matfellon, Whitechapel, London, England
Deborah Hopkins (Ahnentafel No:85 )
Stephen Hopkins may be the son of John Hopkins of Winchester. Some sources state that he may also be the son of Stephen Hopkins who was baptized 29 OCT 1581 at Wortley, Wotton Underedge, Gloucestershire, England, but attention has now turned to John Hopkins.
Stephen Hopkins may have been the son of John Hopkins of Winchester.
Claims that John Hopkins, born circa 1613 and died in 1654 at Hartford, Connecticut, was a son of Stephen Hopkins is not based on any evidence, and therefore should be considered speculative.
Additional marriages for Stephen Hopkins
- Mary Kent alias Back
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1607
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Stephen Hopkins
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1988, Vol. 5, p. 21.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 2009, Vol. 163, p. 260.
- 3 The Mayflower Descendant, 2014, Vol. 63, p. 207.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 470.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 986-989.
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1703.
- 7 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 168.
- 8 Austin, John D., Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 6, 3rd ed., Stephen Hopkins, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2001), 5-6.
- 9 Ferris, Mary Walton, Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines: A Memorial Volume Containing the American Ancestry of Rufus R. Dawes, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Wisconsin Cuneo Press (1931), Vol. 2, pp. 369, 442.
- 10 Pope, Charles Henry, ed., Paine Ancestry: The Family of Robert Treat Paine, Signer of the Declaration of Independence, Including Maternal Lines, Boston: Printed for the Family (1912), 7.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#74 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: The New England Ancestry of Actor Richard [Tiffany] Gere", (accessed 10/10/2014).
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 140.
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 28, 95, 179.
- 14 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 28, 48, 65, 67, 75, 86, 97, 115, 117, 134, 138, 145, 148, 159, 162, 164, 188, 192, et. al..
- 15 Roser, Susan E., Mayflower Increasings, 2nd Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1997), 62.