Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Nathaniel Huntington
- Mehitable Thurston
- Birth Date:
- 3 Jul 1731
- Birth Location:
- Windham, Windham Co., Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 5 Jan 1796
- Death Location:
- Norwich, New London, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Old Norwichtown Cemetery, Norwich, New London, Connecticut
Signer of the Declaration of Independence.
Samuel Huntington was born on 03 JUL 1731 according to the Julian calendar. When the English adopted the Gregorian calendar in 1752, the date shifted forward 11 days so that today his birth date would be listed as 14 JUL 1731.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Samuel Huntington
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 04/26/2013).
- 2 Marshall, Edward Chauncey, The Ancestry of General Grant, and their Contemporaries, New York: Sheldon and Company (1869), 30.
- 3 Reynolds, Cuyler, editor, Genealogical and Family History of Southern New York and the Hudson River Valley, Vol. 3, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1914), 1254, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 140.
- 5 Wikipedia, "Samuel Huntington (statesman)", (accessed 04/26/2013).