Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- 4th Generation — Great-grandfather of Samuel Huntington
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 21 Jul 1707
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mary Marvin
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1661
- Marriage Location:
- Rebecca Adgate
Some sources say that Thomas Adgate had a wife who was a widow named Sarah Bushnell.
Additional marriages for Thomas Adgate
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Adgate
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Saybrook, p. 1, Birth record for daughter Hannah Adgate, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 Fairfield, CT: Families of Old Fairfield, Vol. 1, p. 403, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 New Englanders in Nova Scotia: R. Stanton Avery Special Collections, (2010), 63, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 4 Abbey, Mrs. Matilda O., comp., Genealogy of the Family of Lt. Thomas Tracy, of Norwich, Conn., Milwaukee, Wisconsin: D.S. Harkness and Company, Printers (1888), 97, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. V, M-P, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2007), 68.
- 6 Baker, Henry A., comp., History of Montville, Connecticut: Formerly the North Parish of New London from 1640 to 1896, Hartford, Connecticut: The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Co. (1896), 498, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 7 Cutter, William Richard, New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial: A Record of the Achievements of . . . Volume 1, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1913), 256.
- 8 Huntington Family Association, The Huntington Family in America: A Genealogical Memoir of the Known Descendants of Simon Huntington from 1633 to 1915, Hartford, Connecticut: The Hartford Printing Co. (1915), 535, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 9 Johnson, Alvin Page, Franklin D. Roosevelt's Colonial Ancestors: Their Part in the Making of American History, Boston: Lothrop, Lee and Shepard (1933), 100, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 10 Merrick, Barbara Lambert and Scott Andrew Bartley, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 24, Part 1, William Brewster, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2014), 246.
- 11 Reynolds, Cuyler, editor, Genealogical and Family History of Southern New York and the Hudson River Valley, Vol. 3, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1914), 1254, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 140.