TV and Movie Actress
- 7th Great-grandmother of Margot Kidder — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Richard Wheeler
- Birth Date:
- 5 Oct 1646
- Birth Location:
- Dedham, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Thomas Wilder
- Marriage Date:
- 25 Jun 1668
- Marriage Location:
- Lancaster, Worcester, Massachusetts
Sarah Wilder (Ahnentafel No:301 )
There are two Marys that are claimed to be the daughters of Ralph Houghton. One is married to Thomas Wilder and the other to William Bentley. When looking at the transcriptions of the Lancaster Vital Records, it gives Mary Houghton as the name of the bride of Thomas Wilder. However the original record reportedly does not include Mary's maiden name and it was recorded by Ralph Houghton who was the town clerk. It appears that the town clerk's surname was incorrectly transcribed as Mary's maiden name. This leaves Mary Houghton, daughter of Ralph Houghton, as the wife of William Bentley. Other sources state that Mary, who married Thomas Wilder, was Mary Wheeler, daughter of Richard Wheeler.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary Wheeler
- 1 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Lancaster, Vol. 1, p. 13, Marriage record for Thomas Wilder and Mary Houghton.
- 2 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 1974, Vol. 7, pp. 627-628.
- 3 Hartwell, John F., The Hartwells of America: A Genealogy of All the Hartwell Families of the United States and Canada Based Largely on . . ., Saginaw, Michigan: Hartwell-Lorenzen Inc. (1956), 3.
- 4 Holman, Mary Lovering, Ancestry of Colonel John Harrington Stevens and his Wife Frances Helen Miller, Vol. 1, Concord, New Hampshire: Privately Printed at The Rumford Press (1948), 44.
- 5 Houghton, John W., The Houghton Genealogy: The Descendants of Ralph and John Houghton of Lancaster, Massachusetts . . ., New York: Frederick H. Hitchcock, Genealogical Publisher (1912), 93.
- 6 Wheeler, Albert Gallatin, Jr., The Genealogical and Encyclopedic History of the Wheeler Family in America, Boston, Massachusetts: American College of Genealogy (1914), 498.
- 7 White, Almira Larkin White, ed., Ancestry of John Barber White and of his Descendants, Haverhill, Massachusetts: Press of C.H. Webster (1913), 83.
- 8 Wilder, Rev. Moses H., Book of the Wilders: A Contribution to the History of the Wilders, From 1497, in England, to the Emigration of . . ., New York: Edward O. Jenkins (1878), 145-146.