- Great-grandfather of Katharine Hepburn — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Rufus Houghton
- Abigail Barnard
- Birth Date:
- 26 Aug 1812/1813
- Birth Location:
- Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 20 Sep 1882
- Death Location:
- Brooklyn, New York
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Sophronia Mann Oakes
- Marriage Date:
- 5 Oct 1836
- Marriage Location:
- Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
Alfred Augustus Houghton (Ahnentafel No:6 )
Founder of Corning Glass Works.
On 19 JAN 1845, Amory Hougton was duly appointed the guardian of his father-in-law Josiah Oakes who had been declared insane and sent to the McLean Asylum.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Amory Houghton
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A057385.
- 2 Federal Census, MA, Middlesex County, 1860, Cambridge Ward 2, Image 70 of 171.
- 3 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Cambridge, Vol. 1, p. 373, Birth record for Amory Houghton.
- 4 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Cambridge, Vol. 2, p. 206, Marriage record for Amory Houghton and Sophronia M. Oakes.
- 5 Matters of Josiah Oakes, Sen'r: Four Years Wrongfully Imprisoned in the McLean Asylum, Throug h an Illegal . . ., Boston: Published by special request (unknown), 5-6, 16.
- 6 Corning Museum of Glass, "Portraits of Amory Houghton, Sr. and Sophronia Mann Oakes Houghton Added to Rakow Library Co llection", (accessed 03/24/2017).
- 7 Hakes, Harlo, editor, Landmarks of Steuben County, New York, Syracuse, New York: D. Mason and Company, Publishers (1896), Part II, Biographical, pp. 62-64.
- 8 Wikipedia, "Houghton family", (accessed 22 NOV 2013).