- 7th Great-grandfather of Katharine Hepburn — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- ABT 1676
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Sarah Heath
- Marriage Date:
- 12 Nov 1640
- Marriage Location:
Martha Leonard (Ahnentafel No:471 )
John Leonard is said to have been killed by Indians in early 1676.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Leonard
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1851, Vol. 5, p. 168.
- 2 Springfield, MA: Vital Records to 1850, Vol. 1, p. 12, Birth record for daughter Mary Leonard.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1943, Vol. 20, p. 230.
- 4 Adams, Andrew N., A Genealogical History of Robert Adams, of Newbury, Mass., and his Descendants 1635-1900, Rutland, Vermont: The Tuttle Company (1900), 18.
- 5 Allen, Orrin Peer, Descendants of William Scott of Hatfield, Mass., 1668-1906: And of John Scott of Springfield , Mass., 1659-1906, Palmer, Massachusetts: The Press of C.B. Fiske and Company (1906), 182.
- 6 Bliss, Aaron Tyler, Genealogy of the Bliss Family in America, Vol. 1, Midland, Michigan: Published by the Author (1982), 43.
- 7 Bliss, John Homer, Genealogy of the Bliss Family in America, From About the Year 1550-1880, Boston, Massachusetts: Printed by the Author (1881), 37.
- 8 Frost, Josephine C., Ancestors of Henry Ward Beecher and His Wife Eunice White Bullard, Unknown: Unknown (1927), 74.
- 9 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman, Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952), 480.
- 10 Vinton, John Adams, The Giles Memorial: Genealogical Memoirs of the Families Bearing the Names of Giles, Gould, H olmes, Jennison . . ., Boston: Henry W. Dutton and Son (1864), 280-281.