Author of The Sun Also Rises
- 2nd Generation — Mother of Ernest Hemingway
- Ahnentafel No:
- Ernest Miller Hall
- Caroline Hancock
- Birth Date:
- 15 Jun 1872
- Birth Location:
- Chicago, Cook, Illinois
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 28 Jun 1951
- Death Location:
- Memphis, Shelby, Tennessee
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Forest Home Cemetery, Forest Park, Cook, Illinois
- Spouse Name:
- Clarence Edmonds Hemingway
- Marriage Date:
- 1 Oct 1896
- Marriage Location:
- Oak Park, Cook, Illinois
- Ernest Miller Hemingway
Although secondary sources list Grace Hemingway's death as 29 JUN 1951, her death certificate has the date 28 JUN 1951. The date appears three times on the certificate so it is probably correct.
Grace H. Hall
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Grace H. Hall
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A089787.
- 2 Federal Census, IL, Cook County, 1900, Cicero, E.D. 1146, Sheet 2A, Image 3 of 57, Ancestry.com (Online Census Images).
- 3 Find A Grave, (accessed 05/10/2013).
- 4 Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900, License #254212, Marriage record for Clarence E. Hemingway and Grace Hall, Illinois State Archives.
- 5 Illinois, Cook County Marriages, 1871-1920, Marriage record for Clarence E. Hemingway and Grace Hall, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 6 Tennessee Death Records, 1914-1955, Death certificate for Grace H. Hemingway, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 7 Hemingway, Patricia S., The Hemingways: Past and Present and Allied Families, Rev. Ed., Baltimore: Gateway Press, Inc. (1988), 283-294.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#53 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: Major Historical Figures Descended from Anne (Lloyd) (Yale) . . .", (accessed 12/02/2016), New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 9 White, Emma Siggins and Martha Humphreys Maltby, Genesis of the White Family: A Connected Record of the White Family Beginning in . . ., Kansas City, Missouri: Tiernan-Dart Printing Co. (1920), 225, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 10 Wikipedia, "Ernest Hemingway", (accessed 05/10/2013).