TV and Movie Actor
- 10th Great-grandfather of Rainn Wilson — 13th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Christopher Avery
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 18 Apr 1700
- Death Location:
- New London, New London Co., Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Avery-Morgan Burial Ground, Groton, New London, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Joanna Greenslade
- Marriage Date:
- 10 Nov 1643
- Marriage Location:
- Gloucester, Essex, Massachusetts
Mary Avery (Ahnentafel No:3399 )
- James Avery is possibly the James Averye baptized 22 APR 1621 in Wolborough and Newton Abbot, Devonshire, England to Christopher Averye.
Additional marriages for James Avery
- Abigail Ingram
- Marriage Date:
- 4 Jul 1698
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for James Avery
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, New London, pp. 8-9, Birth records for children of James and Joan Avery.
- 2 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 11/23/2012).
- 3 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Gloucester Marriages, Vol. 2, p. 68.
- 4 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 2004, Vol. 37, pp. 282-283.
- 5 Sweet, Homer De Lois, The Averys of Groton, Syracuse, New York: Rice-Taylor Print. Co. (1894), 27, 558.
- 6 Tingley, Raymon Meyers, Some Ancestral Lines: Being a Record of Some of the Ancestors of Guilford Solon Tingley and His Wife Martha Pamela Meyers, Rutland, Vermont: The Tuttle Publishing Company, Inc. (1935), 156.
- 7 Watson, Marston, Royal Families: Americans of Royal and Noble Ancestry, Volume 4, Pelham - Avery - West . . ., Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2017), 25.
- 8 Wheeler, Richard Anson, History of the Town of Stonington, County of New London, Connecticut, From its First Settlement in 1649 to 1900, New London, Connecticut: Press of the Day Publishing Company (1900), 199-201, 292, 435.