3rd and 5th Governor of Vermont
- 18th Great-grandfather of Isaac Tichenor — 21st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Gilbert Fitzgilbert de Clare
- Isabel de Beaumont
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1130
- Birth Location:
- Tonbridge, Kent, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 20 Apr 1176
- Death Location:
- Dublin, Ireland
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Aoife MacMurrough
- Marriage Date:
- 29 Aug 1170
- Marriage Location:
- Christchurch Cathedral, Waterford, Ireland
Isabel de Clare (Ahnentafel No:734447 )
2nd Earl of Pembroke (or Strigoil), Lord of Leinster, Justiciar of Ireland
Richard de Clare's surname is also seen as FitzGilbert.
Richard de Clare
View famous kin of Richard de Clare
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Richard de Clare
- 1 Burke, John and John Bernard Burke, The Royal Families of England, Scotland, and Wales, with their Descendants, Sovereigns and Subjects, Vol. I, London: J. Billing, Printer and Stereotyper (1851), pedigree XIII for Rev. Pierce William Drew.
- 2 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. II, p. 561.
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 526, 528.
- 4 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006), 179.
- 5 Wikipedia, "Richard de Clare, 2nd Earl of Pembroke", _2nd_Earl_of_Pembroke, (accessed 02/20/2010).