Movie, Television, and Stage Actress
- Great-grandfather of Glenn Close — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Albert Gallatin Hyde
- Maria Louise Shaw
- Birth Date:
- 15 Sep 1860
- Birth Location:
- New York, New York
- Christening Date:
- 8 Dec 1861
- Christening Location:
- All Souls Church, Manhattan, New York, New York
- Death Date:
- 14 Feb 1915
- Death Location:
- Greenwich, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Woodlawn Cemetery, Bronx, Bronx Co., New York
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Sill Worrall
- Marriage Date:
- 25 Apr 1893
- Marriage Location:
- Rutgers Presbyterian Church, New York, New York
Elizabeth Hyde (Ahnentafel No:7 )
Seymour Jairus Hyde's middle name is also seen as Jerius, Jarvis and Jarius, but it is spelled Jairus on his tombstone and in a 1917 issue of Musical Courier when his wife was referred to as "Mrs. Seymour Jairus Hyde" (75:13).
Seymour's baptism record gives his birthdate as 05 SEP 1860, however, his tombstone and other publications give it as 15 SEP 1860.
Seymour Jairus Hyde
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Seymour Jairus Hyde
- 1 "Miss Elizabeth Hyde to Wed C. A. Moore: Horsewoman's Fiance Was in Expeditions with Colonel Roosevelt and Admiral Peary", New York Times, 10 APR 1920.
- 2 Chicago Tribune (Chicago, Illinois), 04 OCT 1948, p. 37, Engagement of John Farwell Howe and granddaughter Hester Hyde Pynchon.
- 3 Federal Census, NY, New York County, 1880, New York City, E.D. 571, p. 20, Image 20 of 37.
- 4 Federal Census, NY, Westchester County, 1900, Mamaroneck, E.D. 75, Sheet 38A, Image 74 of 79.
- 5 Hartford Courant (Hartford, Connecticut), 18 AUG 1918, p. 9, Wedding of Harold Cooper Pyncheon and daughter Mary Hyde.
- 6 Hartford Courant (Hartford, Connecticut), 15 FEB 1915, p. 1, Obituary for Seymour J Hyde.
- 7 Musical Courier: Weekly Review of the World's Music, New York, 1917, Vol. 75, p. 13, "Mrs. Seymour Jairus [sic] Hyde".
- 8 New York Herald (New York, New York), 23 APR 1893, p. 15, Wedding notice for Seymour J Hyde and Elizabeth Sell [sic] Worrall.
- 9 New York, New York, U.S., Index to Birth Certificates, 1866-1909, Birth certificate for unnamed daughter of Seymour and Elizabeth (Worrall) Hyde.
- 10 New York, U.S., Episcopal Diocese of New York Church Records, 1767-1970, Baptism record for Seymour Jerius Hyde, gives birth date as 05 SEP 1860.
- 11 The Boston Globe (Boston, Massachusetts), 09 AUG 1923, p. 19, Obituary for spouse Elizabeth Worrall.
- 12 The Evening World (New York, New York), 12 FEB 1915, p. 3, "Rich Cotton Man Dying After Fall from Horse".
- 13 The World (New York), 26 APR 1893, p. 9, Wedding notice for Seymour J Hyde and Elizabeth Sell [sic] Worrall.
- 14 Close, Jessie, with Pete Earley and Glenn Close, Resilience: Two Sisters and a Story of Mental Illness, New York: Grand Central Publishing (2015).
- 15 Cutter, William Richard, ed., New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial: A Record of the Achievements of . . . Volume 4, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1913), 2095-2096, gives Seymour's birth date as 15 SEP 1860.
- 16 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 320, incorrectly gives Seymour's middle name as Jarvis.