Actress, Model, and Singer
- 6th Great-grandmother of Marilyn Monroe — 9th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Thomas Cornell Jr.
- Sarah Earle
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1673
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Richard Borden
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Mary Borden (Ahnentafel No:129 )
Innocent is often mistaken to be the daughter of Gersham and Mary (Tripp) Wodell, but the evidence overwhelmingly supports her as the daughter of Thomas and Sarah (Earle) Cornell.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Innocent Cornell
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1975, Vol. 129, pp. 33, 342.
- 2 Representative Men and Old Families of Southeastern Massachusetts, Volume 1, Chicago: J. H. Beers and Company (1912), 9.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1982, Vol. 58, p. 79.
- 4 Brenneman, Richard E., "Notable Kin - New England in Hollywood, Part Three: The Possible Rhode Island Ancestry of Ma rilyn Monroe", www.americanancestors.org/notable-kin-the-possible-rhode-island-ancestry-of-marilyn-monroe, (accessed 10/09/2014).
- 5 Cornell, Rev. John, Genealogy of the Cornell Family: Being an Account of the Descendants of Thomas Cornell of Por tsmouth, R.I., New York: Press of T.A. Wright (1902), 25.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 95.
- 7 Robinson, Caroline E., The Hazard Family of Rhode Island, 1635-1894: Being a Genealogy and History of the Descendant s of Thomas Hazard . . ., Boston: Printed for the Author (1896), 9, 20.
- 8 Weld, Hattie Borden, comp., Historical and Genealogical Record of the Descendants as far as Known of Richard and Joan Bor den . . ., (1899), 66-68.