(c1601 - c1683/4)
Lyon passenger 1631
- 11th Great-grandmother of John Throckmorton — 14th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Edward I, King of England
- Eleanor of Castile
- Birth Date:
- Apr 1272
- Birth Location:
- Acre, Israel
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 23 Apr 1307
- Death Location:
- Clare Manor, Suffolk, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Priory Church of the Austin Friars, Clare, Suffolk, England
- Spouse Name:
- Gilbert de Clare
- Marriage Date:
- 30 Apr 1290
- Marriage Location:
- Westminster Abbey, London, England
Eleanor de Clare (Ahnentafel No:5755 )
Margaret de Clare
Elizabeth de Clare
aka Joan Plantagenet
Joan of Acre
Additional marriages for Joan of Acre
- Ralph de Monthermer
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1297
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Joan of Acre
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1994, Vol. 148, Pages 255-258.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1932, Vol. 9, p. 213.
- 3 Browning, Charles H., Americans of Royal Descent: A Collection of Genealogies of American Families Whose Lineage is Traced to . . ., 7th Ed., Baltimore, Maryland: Reprinted for Clearfield Company, Inc. by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2000), 246.
- 4 Burke, John and John Bernard Burke, The Royal Families of England, Scotland, and Wales, with their Descendants, Sovereigns and Subjects, Vol. II, London: J. Billing, Printer and Stereotyper (1851), Pedigree xv: Frevile Lambton Burne, Esq..
- 5 Foster, Joseph, comp., The Royal Lineage of our Noble and Gentle Families. Together with their Paternal Ancestry, Aylesbury: Privately Printed by Hazell, Watson and Viney, Limited (1884), 84.
- 6 Fraser, ed. Antonia, The Lives of the Kings and Queens of England, New York: Alfred A. Knopf (1975), 70.
- 7 Luther, George A., editor and compiler, The Luther Genealogy: A History of the Descendants of Captain John Luther, Who Arrived in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, 1630-1635, Penobscot Press (2001), 81.
- 8 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. IV, p. 113.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 270, 276, 289, 291, 296, 312, 316, 330, 340, 351.
- 10 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 71.
- 11 Wikipedia, "Joan of Acre", (accessed 02/23/2010).