Ancestry of Admiral
- 19th Generation — 16th Great-grandfather of Richard Byrd
- Ahnentafel No:
- Edward II, King of England
- Isabella of France
- Birth Date:
- 13 Nov 1312
- Birth Location:
- Windsor, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 21 Jun 1377
- Death Location:
- Sheen, Surrey, England
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Westminster Abbey, London, England
- Spouse Name:
- Philippa of Hainault
- Marriage Date:
- 24/25 Jan 1328
- Marriage Location:
- York Minster, York, England
- John of Gaunt
- King of England
Edward III of England
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Edward III of England
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1999, Vol. 16, pp. 31, 73, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1998, Vol. 15, p. 206, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 2011, Vol. 165, p. 215.
- 4 The Genealogical Magazine: A Journal of Family History, Heraldry, and Pedigrees, Volume II, May, 1898 - April, 1899, London: Elliot Stock (1899), 161, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 5 Adams, Arthur, The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (1964), 86.
- 6 American Society of Genealogists, The Genealogist, Rockport, Maine: Picton Press, 1999, Vol. 13, pp. 30-31.
- 7 American Society of Genealogists, The Genealogist, Rockport, Maine: Picton Press, Spring 1981, Vol. 2, Iss. 1, p. 125.
- 8 Burke, John and John Bernard Burke, The Royal Families of England, Scotland, and Wales, with their Descendants, Sovereigns and Subjects, Vol. II, London: J. Billing, Printer and Stereotyper (1851), Pedigree xv: Frevile Lambton Burne, Esq., Google Books (Digital Library).
- 9 Burke, Sir Bernard, Royal Descents and Pedigrees of Founders' Kin, London: Harrison, Bookseller to the Queen (1864), Pedigree XIX, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 10 Fraser, ed. Antonia, The Lives of the Kings and Queens of England, New York: Alfred A. Knopf (1975), 70, 143.
- 11 Pitcairn, Constance, The History of the Fife Pitcairns with Transcripts from Old Charters, Edinburgh and London: William Blackwood and Sons (1905), 419, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 49.
- 13 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 47, 149-247.
- 14 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 317, 351, 355, 375, 400.
- 15 Roberts, Gary Boyd and Christopher C. Child, "The Shared Ancestry of (Rachel) Meghan Markle and Prince Harry of Wales", (accessed 11/30/2017).
- 16 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 360, 412.
- 17 The Surrey Archaeological Society, Surrey Archaeological Collections, Relating to the History and Antiquities of the County, Vol. 3, London: Lovell Reeve and Co. (1865), 50, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 18 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 8-9.
- 19 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215: The Barons Named in the Magna Charta, 1215 and Some of their . . ., 5th edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Third Printing, 2006), 26.
- 20 Wikipedia, "Edward III of England", (accessed 02/21/2010).