21st U.S. President
- 4th Great-grandmother of Chester Arthur — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- George Martin
- Susannah North
- Birth Date:
- 2 Nov 1656
- Birth Location:
- Salisbury, Essex, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- AFT 24 Feb 1703/1704
- Death Location:
- prob. Amesbury, Essex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Samuel Hadley
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1676
- Marriage Location:
Samuel Hadley Jr. (Ahnentafel No:60 )
The New England Historical and Genealogical Record (1854, 8:159) mistakenly lists Jane as her brother John for Jane's birth date. Her brother John is listed correctly under his own birth date. Salisbury vital records were used to determine which birth date was for John and which was for Jane.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Jane Martin
- 1 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Salisbury Births, Page 151, [Birth].
- 2 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1990, Vol. 7, p. 157.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1982, Vol. 58, p. 203.
- 4 The American Genealogist, 1983, Vol. 59, pp. 17-19.
- 5 Andrew, Lawrence C., Thomas Andrew, immigrant, Portland, Maine: Casco Print Co. (1972), 116.
- 6 Cutter, William Richard, Historic Homes and Places and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of M iddlesex Co., Mass., Vol. 2, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1908), 510.
- 7 Delorey, Janet Ireland, A Study of George and Susanna Martin, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts: J.I. Delorey (1997), 23.
- 8 Hadley, Samuel Page, Genealogical Record of the Descendants of Moses Hadley and Rebecca Page of Hudson, N.H. . . ., Lowell, Massachusetts: Morning Mail Print (1887), 17, 25.