Charles Edward Merrill
Co-Founder of Merrill Lynch & Company
- Grandfather of Charles Edward Merrill — 3rd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Riley Merrill
- Anna Cravatt
- Birth Date:
- 22 Dec 1827
- Birth Location:
- New York
- Christening Date:
- 20 Aug 1827
- Christening Location:
- Presbyterian Church, Oakland, Livingston, New York
- Death Date:
- 7 Jun 1917
- Death Location:
- South Jacksonville (now San Marco neighborhood of Jacksonville), Duval, Florida
- Burial Date:
- 9 Jun 1917
- Burial Location:
- Craig Swamp Cemetery, Duval County, Florida
- Spouse Name:
- Abigail L. Livermore
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
- Angelica, Allegany, New York
Charles Morton Merrill (Ahnentafel No:2 )
Riley's Florida death record lists his birthdate as 22 DEC 1827, but his baptismal record in New York states he was baptized on 20 AUG 1827. The 1900 census give DEC 1827 as the birth date. It is possible that the baptismal record was transcribed incorrectly as there are other sources listing 22 DEC 1827 as his birthdate. However, all the sources containing the birthdate are many years removed from the event. The baptism is the closest record to the event. The original baptismal record should be checked to resolve these dates.
Riley Mead Merrill
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Riley Mead Merrill
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 02/12/2014).
- 2 Florida Deaths, 1877-1939, Death record for Riley Mead Merrill.
- 3 Florida Deaths, 1877-1939, Death record for son Charles Morton Merrill.
- 4 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1959, Vol. 113, p. 156.
- 5 New York, Births and Christenings, 1640-1962, Baptism for Riley Mead Merrill.
- 6 Perkins, Edwin J., From Wall Street to Main Street: Charles Merrill and Middle-Class Investors, Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press (1999), 18.
- 7 Thwing, Walter Eliot, The Livermore Family of America, Boston: W. B. Clarke Company (1902), 167.