Louisa May Alcott
Author of Little Women
- 5th Great-grandfather of Louisa May Alcott — 8th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Roger Brownson
- Mary Underwood
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 21 Sep 1602
- Christening Location:
- Holy Innocents' Church, Lamarsh, Essex, England
- Death Date:
- BY 28 Nov 1680
- Death Location:
- Farmington, Hartford, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Frances Hills
- Marriage Date:
- 19 Nov 1626
- Marriage Location:
- St. Andrew's Church, Halstead, Essex, England
Isaac Bronson (Ahnentafel No:80 )
John Bronson's surname is also seen as Brunson and Brownson.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Bronson
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, January 1851, Vol. 5, p. 43.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, October 1924, Vol. 78, p. 445.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1962, Vol. 38, pp. 198-204.
- 4 The American Genealogist, 1996, Vol. 71, p. 207.
- 5 Allis, Horatio D., Genealogy of William Allis of Hatfield, Mass. and Descendants, Hartford, Connecticut: Art Press (1919), 5.
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 46.
- 7 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. III, G-H, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2003), 413.
- 8 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. IV, I-L, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2005), 150.
- 9 Barbour, Lucius Barnes, Families of Early Hartford, Connecticut, Baltimore, Maryland: Reprinted for Clearfield Co., Inc. by Genealogical Publishing Co. (2001), 314.
- 10 Bronson, Henry, The History of Waterbury, Connecticut; The Original Township Embracing . . ., Waterbury, Connecticut: Bronson Brothers (1858), 138, [Death].
- 11 Coddington, John Insley, "The Brownson, Bronson, or Brunson Family of Earl's Colne, Essex, England, Connecticut, and South Carolina, The American Genealogist, 1962, Vol. 38, Page 196, [Christening].
- 12 Coddington, John Insley, "The Brownson, Bronson, or Brunson Family of Earl's Colne, Essex, England, Connecticut, and South Carolina, The American Genealogist, 1962, Vol. 38, p. 199, [Death].
- 13 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 2005, Vol. 38,. p. 192.
- 14 Cutter, William Richard, ed., New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial: A Record of the Achievements of . . . Third Series, Volume 1, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1915), 453.
- 15 Fenno-Gendrot, Almira Torrey Blake, The Ancestry and Allied Families of Nathan Blake 3rd and Susan (Torrey) Blake, Early Residents of East Corinth, Vermont, Boston, Massachusetts: Published by the Author, at the Stanhope Press (1916), 29.
- 16 Griswold, Glenn E., comp., The Griswold Family: England-America, Rutland, Vermont: The Tuttle Publishing Company, Inc. (1935), Vol. 2, p. 129.
- 17 Holman, Mary Lovering, Ancestry of Colonel John Harrington Stevens and his Wife Frances Helen Miller, Vol. 1, Concord, New Hampshire: Privately Printed at The Rumford Press (1948), 367.
- 18 Jacobus, Donald Lines and Edgar Francis Waterman, Hale, House and Related Families: Mainly of the Connecticut River Valley, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1978, reprinted from 1952), 577.
- 19 Jacobus, Donald Lines, ed., The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley and his Wife Emma Arabella Bosworth, Woodstock, Vermont: N. Grier Parke, II (1960), 216-217.
- 20 Lee, Leonard and Sarah Fiske Lee, John Lee of Farmington, Hartford Co., Conn., and His Descendants, 1634-1897, 2nd Edition, Meriden, Connecticut: Republican-Record Book Print (1897), 147.
- 21 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 202-203.
- 22 Smith, John Montague, et. al., History of the Town of Sunderland, Massachusetts, 1673-1899: Which Originally Embraced Within Its Limits the . . ., Greenfield, Massachusetts: Press of E. A. Hall and Company (1899), 349.
- 23 Wells, Daniel White and Reuben Field Wells, A History of Hatfield, Massachusetts, Springfield, Massachusetts: F. C. H. Gibbons (1910), 369.