Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- Great-grandfather of William Floyd — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1620
- Birth Location:
- Thenford, Northamptonshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- prob. 17 OCT 1691
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Setauket Presbyterian Church, Setauket, Suffolk, New York
- Spouse Name:
- Dorothy Howell
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1648
- Marriage Location:
Margaret Woodhull (Ahnentafel No:5 )
The original tombstone for Richard Woodhull is said to have been destroyed by the British in 1777. A new tombstone placed in 1901 gives Richard's death date as 17 OCT 1690, but this is not possible as Richard Woodhull senior conveyed land to his son Richard on 05 APR 1691.
Richard Woodhull is believed to be a descendant of Sir Nicholas and Elizabeth (Parr) Woodhull, but this apparently remains unproved.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Richard Woodhull
- 1 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 03/31/2014).
- 2 American Society of Genealogists, The Genealogist, Rockport, Maine: Picton Press, 1981, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 197-198.
- 3 American Society of Genealogists, The Genealogist, Rockport, Maine: Picton Press, 1984, Vol. 5, No. 1, p. 5.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 148.