Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- Great-grandmother of William Floyd — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) Nathaniel Brewster
- (probable) Abigail Reymes
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1654
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Jonathan Smith
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1673
- Marriage Location:
Jonathan Smith (Ahnentafel No:6 )
Some sources state that Sarah Brewster's mother was Sarah Ludlow, her father's second wife. This may be true. However, most sources believe that her younger brother Timothy was Sarah Ludlow's first child. Daniel, baptized in 1662, is the first child that is known to be Sarah Ludlow's.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Sarah Brewster
- 1 Fairfield, CT: Families of Old Fairfield, Vol. 1, p. 102.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1936, Vol. 13, pp. 155, 157.
- 3 Harrison, John Houston, Settlers by the Long Grey Trail: Some Pioneers to Old Augusta County, Virginia, and Their Descendants . . ., Dayton, Virginia: Joseph K. Ruebush Company (1935), 37.
- 4 Seversmith, Herbert Furman, Colonial Families of Long Island, New York and Connecticut, Washington, D.C.: typed manuscript (1939), Vol. 1, p. 364.
- 5 Smith, Frederick Kinsman, The Family of Richard Smith of Smithtown, Long Island: Ten Generations, Smithtown, Long Island, New York: The Smithtown Historical Society (1967), 29, 31-32, gives Sarah's mother as her father's first wife Sarah Ludlow.
- 6 Thompson, Benjamin F., The History of Long Island; from Its Discovery and Settlement, to the Present Time, Vol. 2, New York: Gould, Banks and Co. (1843), 452.