Revolutionary War Hero
- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Joseph Allen
- Mary Baker
- Birth Date:
- 10 Jan 1737/1738
- Birth Location:
- Litchfield, Litchfield Co., Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 12 Feb 1789
- Death Location:
- Burlington, Chittenden, Vermont
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Greenmount Cemetery, Burlington, Chittenden, Vermont
Revolutionary War Hero
Ethan Allen's birthdate would be written as 10 JAN 1737/38 (old style), but as 21 JAN 1738 after the calendar changed in 1752.
Marriages for Ethan Allen
- Mary Bronson
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Ethan Allen
- 1 Connecticut Births and Christenings, 1649-1906, Birth record for Ethan Allen, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 2 Connecticut, Town Marriage Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection), Litchfield Vital Records 1719-1854, p. 3, Birth record of Ethan Allen, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 3 Daughters of the American Revolution Magazine, 1920, Vol. 54, No. 7, p. 538, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Find A Grave, (accessed 02/27/2014).
- 5 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1982, Vol. 136, p. 309.
- 6 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1850, Vol. 4, p. 358.
- 7 Portsmouth, N.H.: Abstracts from Newspapers, 1776-1800, Death record for Ethan Allen, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 8 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 1971, Vol. 47, p. 102, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 9 Allen, Willard S., A Genealogy of Samuel Allen, of Windsor, Ct. and Some of His Descendants, Boston: David Clapp and Son, Printers (1876), 6, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner, American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984), 35, 45, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 11 Seaver, J. Montgomery, Allen Family Records, Philadelphia: American Historical-Genealogical Society (1929), 20, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 12 Wikipedia, "Ethan Allen", (accessed 02/27/2014).