- 1st Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Benjamin Tallmadge
- Susannah Smith
- Birth Date:
- 25 Feb 1754
- Birth Location:
- Brookhaven, Suffolk, New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 7 Mar 1835
- Death Location:
- Litchfield, Litchfield Co., Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- East Cemetery, Litchfield, Litchfield Co., Connecticut
Commander of the Culper spy ring during the American Revolutionary War.
Marriages for Benjamin Tallmadge
- Mary Floyd
- Marriage Date:
- 16 Mar 1784
- Maria Hallett
- Marriage Date:
- 3 May 1808
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Benjamin Tallmadge
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System , Ancestor #A040007 and #A112617.
- 2 Find A Grave , (accessed 03/31/2014).
- 3 Hooker, Edward , The Descendants of Rev. Thomas Hooker, Hartford, Connecticut, 1586-1908 , Rochester, New York: E. R. Andrews Printing Company (1909) , 74, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Kilmeade, Brian and Don Yaeger , George Washington's Secret Six : The Spy Ring That Saved the American Revolution , New York: Sentinel, a member of Penguin Group (2013) , 35, 211.
- 5 Tallmadge, Benjamin , Memoir of Col. Benjamin Tallmadge, Prepared by Himself, at the Request of his Children , New York: Thomas Holman, Book and Job Printer (1858) , 5, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 6 The New York Genealogical and Biographical Society , New York Genealogical and Biographical Record , 1896, Vol. 27, p. 6.
- 7 Whittemore, Henry , The Heroes of the American Revolution and their Descendants: Battle of Long Island , The Heroes of the Revolution Publishing Company (1897) , 12-15, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 8 Wikipedia , "Benjamin Tallmadge" , (accessed 03/31/2014).
- 9 Wikipedia , "Culper Ring" , (accessed 03/31/2014).