Sandra Day O'Connor
First Female U.S. Supreme Court Justice
- 8th Great-grandmother of Sandra Day O'Connor — 11th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Mansfield
- Elizabeth -----
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 3 Dec 1592
- Christening Location:
- Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, England
- Death Date:
- ABT 1658
- Death Location:
- Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John Wilson
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1617
- Marriage Location:
Mary Wilson (Ahnentafel No:565 )
NEHGS genealogist Gary Boyd Roberts originally published that Elizabeth Mansfield's mother was Mary Holburn, the first wife of her father. However this contradicted the NEHGS's The Great Migration series in which Robert Charles Anderson gave Elizabeth Mansfield's mother as Elizabeth, her father's second wife. In an article in 2013, Gary Boyd Roberts now seems to agree with Robert Charles Anderson that the second wife of Elizabeth is the mother.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Elizabeth Mansfield
- 1 American Ancestors Magazine, 2013, Vol. 14.4, p. 52.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 2001, Vol. 155, pp. 24-28.
- 3 The American Genealogist, 1945, Vol. 22, p. 210.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles , The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 2014.
- 5 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham , Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study i n Colonial & Medieval Families, 2nd Edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), 18.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd , "A Second Update to Ancestors of American Presidents", (accessed 03/04/2016).
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 168.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd , The Royal Descents of 900 Immigrants to the American Colonies, Quebec, or the United States ( 2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company (2018), 318.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp. , Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 429.
- 10 Washburn, Mabel Thacher Rosemary , Ancestry of William Howard Taft, New York: Frank Allaben Genealogical Company (1908), 36.