Ancestry of Rev.
(c1597 - c1650)
Great Migration Immigrant 1639
- 10th Great-grandfather of William Skepper — 13th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Richard de Clare
- Maud de Lacy
- Birth Date:
- 2 Sep 1243
- Birth Location:
- Christchurch, Hampshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 7 Dec 1295
- Death Location:
- Monmouth Castle, Monmouthshire, Wales
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Joan of Acre
- Marriage Date:
- 30 Apr 1290
- Marriage Location:
- Westminster Abbey, London, England
Eleanor de Clare
Margaret de Clare (Ahnentafel No:2939 )
Elizabeth de Clare
3rd Earl of Gloucester and 7th Earl of Hertford
Sir Gilbert de Clare's marriage to Alice de Lusignan was annulled in 1285.
Gilbert de Clare
Additional marriages for Gilbert de Clare
- Alice de Lusignan
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1253
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Gilbert de Clare
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1994, Vol. 148, Pages 255-258.
- 2 The American Genealogist, 1932, Vol. 9, p. 213.
- 3 Browning, Charles H., Americans of Royal Descent: A Collection of Genealogies of American Families Whose Lineage is Traced to . . ., 7th Ed., Baltimore, Maryland: Reprinted for Clearfield Company, Inc. by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2000), 246.
- 4 Burke, John and John Bernard Burke, The Royal Families of England, Scotland, and Wales, with their Descendants, Sovereigns and Subjects, Vol. II, London: J. Billing, Printer and Stereotyper (1851), Pedigree xv: Frevile Lambton Burne, Esq..
- 5 Foster, Joseph, comp., The Royal Lineage of our Noble and Gentle Families. Together with their Paternal Ancestry, Aylesbury: Privately Printed by Hazell, Watson and Viney, Limited (1884), 84.
- 6 Luther, George A., editor and compiler, The Luther Genealogy: A History of the Descendants of Captain John Luther, Who Arrived in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, 1630-1635, Penobscot Press (2001), 81.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 270, 276, 289, 291, 296, 312, 316, 330, 340, 351.
- 8 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 71.
- 9 Wikipedia, "Gilbert de Clare, 7th Earl of Gloucester", _7th_Earl_of_Gloucester, (accessed 06/21/2013).