Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- 10th Great-grandfather of Caesar Rodney — 13th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Philip le Despencer
- Joan de Cobham
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1342
- Birth Location:
- Gedney, Lincolnshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- ABT 1401
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth -----
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Philip le Despencer (Ahnentafel No:2130 )
Alice le Despenser
1st Lord le Despencer
Some 19th and early 20th century publications combine this Philip le Despencer with his son Philip. More recent sources list the two Philip's separately, both with wives named Elizabeth.
Philip le Despencer
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Philip le Despencer
- 1 American Society of Genealogists, The Genealogist, Rockport, Maine: Picton Press, Fall 1988, Vol. 9, Iss. 2, p. 194.
- 2 Browning, Charles H., Americans of Royal Descent: A Collection of Genealogies of American Families Whose Lineage is Traced to . . ., 2nd Ed., Philadelphia: Porter and Coates (1891), 448.
- 3 Esarey, Logan, History of Indiana: from its Exploration to 1922, Vol. 3, Dayton, Ohio: Dayton Historical Publishing Company (1922), 212.
- 4 Richardson, Douglas, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2013), Vol. III, p. 410.
- 5 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2005), 159.
- 6 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, editor, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2nd edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), Vol. IV, p. 152.
- 7 Wikipedia, "Philip le Despencer, 1st Baron le Despencer", _1st_Baron_le_Despencer, (accessed 05/03/2011).