Singer and Movie Actress
- Great-grandmother of Beyoncé — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT Dec 1870
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Alexon Buyince
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1901
- Marriage Location:
Lumis Albert Buyince (Ahnentafel No:6 )
Some sources list Mary Olevia as Marie Amelia Olivier, daughter of Charles Maurice Olivier and Josephine Cormier. This is not correct as Marie Amelia Olivier was at least 10 years younger, living with her parents and listed as single in the 1910 census. This Mary Olevia was living with her second husband Alexon Buyince and their children in 1910.
Also this Mary Olevia was a widow of a Mr. Broussard when she married Alexon Buyince in 1901. She is found living in 1900 as a widow with a number of her children. Based on the childrens' ages it appears she married Mr. Broussard before 1892 and he appears to have died between 1897 and 1900. Alexon Buyince also had a previous marriage and children from his earlier marriage can be found living with him in 1910.
Further research is needed for this couple to determine their true parentage.
Additional marriages for Mary Olevia
- - - - - - - Broussard
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1892
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary Olevia
- 1 Federal Census, LA, Vermilion Parish, 1920, 1st Precinct Ward 1, E.D. 103, Sheet 26A, Image 30 of 33.
- 2 Federal Census, LA, Vermilion Parish, 1910, Erath Ward 1, E.D. 133, Sheet 13B, Image 24 of 30.
- 3 Federal Census, LA, Iberia Parish, 1900, Petite Anse, E.D. 36, Sheet 2B, Image 4 of 65.
- 4 Texas, U.S., Death Certificates, 1903-1982, Death certificate for son Albert Lumis Buyince.
- 5 Noël, Jacques, La Diaspora Québécoise, Québec, Canada: Les Éditions GID (2016), 140, this source appears to be incorrect regarding Mary Olevia and her parentage.