Singer and Songwriter
- 11th Generation — 8th Great-grandfather of Taylor Swift
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 1 Apr 1593
- Christening Location:
- Tisbury, Wiltshire, England
- Death Date:
- 25 Mar 1682
- Death Location:
- Martha's Vineyard, Dukes, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Jane Gallion
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1635
- Marriage Location:
- Martha Mayhew
Governor of Martha's Vineyard
The name of Gov. Thomas Mayhew's first wife, and mother of Rev. Thomas Mayhew Jr., is said to be Hanna or Abigail Parkhurst, daughter of Matthew Parkhurst . No sources have been found to confirm this. She died before 1635.
Additional marriages for Thomas Mayhew
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1620
Sources for Thomas Mayhew
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1901, Vol. 55, p. 112.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1945, Vol. 99, p. 60.
- 3 Ames, Blanche Butler, The Butler Ancestry of Gen. Benjamin Franklin Butler in America, Lowell, Massachusetts: Unknown (1895), 9, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 570.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1243-1246.
- 6 Brenneman, Richard E., "Notable Kin - New England in Hollywood, Part Three: The Possible Rhode Island Ancestry of Marilyn Monroe", www.americanancestors.org/notable-kin-the-possible-rhode-island-ancestry-of-marilyn-monroe, (accessed 10/09/2014), New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 7 Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts, Volume 1, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1908), 101.
- 8 Doggett, Samuel Bradlee, A History of the Doggett-Daggett Family, Boston: Press of Rockwell and Churchill (1894), 82, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 9 Hinchman, Lydia S., Early Settlers of Nantucket: Their Associates and Descendants, 2nd Edition, Philadelphia: Ferris and Leach (1901), 162, 208, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 83, 204.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 94.
- 12 Sinnott, Mary Elizabeth, Annals of the Sinnott, Rogers, Coffin, Corlies, Reeves, Bodine and Allied Families, Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Company (1905), 239-248, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 13 Wikipedia, "Thomas Mayhew", (accessed 10/01/2012).