Singer and Songwriter
- 8th Great-grandfather of Taylor Swift — 11th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 1 Apr 1593
- Christening Location:
- Tisbury, Wiltshire, England
- Death Date:
- 25 Mar 1682
- Death Location:
- Martha's Vineyard, Dukes, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Jane Gallion
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1635
- Marriage Location:
Martha Mayhew (Ahnentafel No:517 )
Governor of Martha's Vineyard
The name of Gov. Thomas Mayhew's first wife, and mother of Rev. Thomas Mayhew Jr., is said to be Hanna or Abigail Parkhurst, daughter of Matthew Parkhurst . No sources have been found to confirm this. She died before 1635.
Additional marriages for Thomas Mayhew
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1620
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Mayhew
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1988, Vol. 5, p. 21.
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1901, Vol. 55, p. 112.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1945, Vol. 99, p. 60.
- 4 Ames, Blanche Butler, The Butler Ancestry of Gen. Benjamin Franklin Butler in America, Lowell, Massachusetts: Unknown (1895), 9.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 570.
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1243-1246.
- 7 Brenneman, Richard E., "Notable Kin - New England in Hollywood, Part Three: The Possible Rhode Island Ancestry of Marilyn Monroe", www.americanancestors.org/notable-kin-the-possible-rhode-island-ancestry-of-marilyn-monroe, (accessed 10/09/2014).
- 8 Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts, Volume 1, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1908), 101.
- 9 Doggett, Samuel Bradlee, A History of the Doggett-Daggett Family, Boston: Press of Rockwell and Churchill (1894), 82.
- 10 Hinchman, Lydia S., Early Settlers of Nantucket: Their Associates and Descendants, 2nd Edition, Philadelphia: Ferris and Leach (1901), 162, 208.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 83, 204.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 94-95.
- 13 Sinnott, Mary Elizabeth, Annals of the Sinnott, Rogers, Coffin, Corlies, Reeves, Bodine and Allied Families, Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Company (1905), 239-248.
- 14 Tupper, Franklin Whittlesey, Thomas Tupper and His Descendants, Boston, Massachusetts: Tupper Family Association of America, Inc. (1945), 20.
- 15 Wikipedia, "Thomas Mayhew", (accessed 10/01/2012).