Ancestry of Colonel
Robert Gould Shaw
U.S. Civil War leader of film “Glory” fame
- 7th Great-grandmother of Robert Gould Shaw — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Edward Bulkeley
- Olive Irby
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1580
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- ABT 1611
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Oliver St. John
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1597
- Marriage Location:
Elizabeth St. John (Ahnentafel No:377 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Sarah Bulkeley
- 1 Anderson, Robert Charles and others, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. I, A-B< /a>, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1999), 463.
- 2 Browning, Charles H., Americans of Royal Descent: A Collection of Genealogies of American Families Whose Lineage i s Traced to . . ., 2nd Ed., Philadelphia: Porter and Coates (1891), 448.
- 3 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, editor, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2nd edition, Salt Lake City, Utah: Douglas Richardson (2011), 480.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 193.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 118.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 443.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 498.
- 8 Scoville, S. G., Smith, Morrill, and Allied Families, Somerville, New Jersey: American Historical Society (1930), 282.
- 9 Weis, Frederick Lewis, Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650, Lancaster, Mass: (1950), 40, 88.
- 10 Whiting, William, Memoir of Rev. Samuel Whiting, D.D., and of his wife, Elizabeth St. John, Boston: Press of Rand, Avery, and Company (1873), 39.