Ancestry of Colonel
Robert Gould Shaw
U.S. Civil War leader of film “Glory” fame
- 4th Great-grandfather of Robert Gould Shaw — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Nathaniel Rogers
- Margaret Crane
- Birth Date:
- 23 Jan 1630/1631
- Birth Location:
- Coggeshall, Essex, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 2 Jul 1684
- Death Location:
- Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth Denison
- Marriage Date:
- 14 Nov 1660
- Marriage Location:
- Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts
Daniel Rogers (Ahnentafel No:44 )
6th President of Harvard College
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Rogers
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1851, Vol. 5, p. 137.
- 2 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 148, 193.
- 3 Watson, John Lee, Memoirs of the Marstons of Salem: With a Brief Genealogy of Some of Their Descendants, Boston: David Clapp and Son (1873), 4.
- 4 Watson, Marston, Royal Families: Americans of Royal and Noble Ancestry, Volume 1, Governor Thomas Dudley and D escendants . . ., 2nd Ed., Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2004), 8, 23-24.
- 5 Watson, Marston, Royal Families: Americans of Royal and Noble Ancestry, Volume 3, Samuel Appleton and His Wif e Judith Everard . . ., Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (2007), 15.
- 6 Wheeler, Richard Anson, History of the Town of Stonington, County of New London, Connecticut, From its First Settleme nt in 1649 to 1900, New London, Connecticut: Press of the Day Publishing Company (1900), 336.