- 4th Great-grandmother of Anne Baxter — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Whittelsey III
- Sarah Williams
- Birth Date:
- 12 Jun 1722
- Birth Location:
- Saybrook, Middlesex, Connecticut
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- David Wright
- Marriage Date:
- 27 May 1742
- Marriage Location:
- Killingworth, Middlesex, Connecticut
David Wright (Ahnentafel No:48 )
In one of his Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources articles, Gary Boyd Roberts gave Abigail Whittelsey as the wife of David Wright. This appears to be incorrect as other primary and secondary sources give her name as Hester or Esther. Also the Whittelsey genealogy that Roberts gives as his source gives Hester, not Abigail, as the wife of David Wright.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Hester Whittelsey
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Saybrook, p. 136, Birth record for Hester Whittelsey.
- 2 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 1978, Vol. 11, p. 227, Marriage record for David Wright and Esther Whtelcey.
- 3 Connecticut Society of Genealogists, The Connecticut Nutmegger, 1983, Vol. 16, p. 4.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#84 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: The New England Ancestry of Frank Lloyd Wright, with Notes . . .", www.americanancestors.org/notes-on-other-architects, (accessed 09/23/2014).
- 5 Whittelsey, Charles Barney, comp., Genealogy of the Whittelsey - Whittlesey Family, Hartford, Connecticut: Press of The Case, Lockwood and Brainard Co. (1898), 40, 59.