George W. Bush
43rd U.S. President
- 4th Great-grandfather of George W. Bush — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Holbrook Jr.
- Rhoda Thayer
- Birth Date:
- 12 Sep 1778
- Birth Location:
- Uxbridge, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 7 May 1838
- Death Location:
- Swanzey, Cheshire, New Hampshire
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Mercy Hill
- Marriage Date:
- AFT 15 Aug 1801
- Marriage Location:
- prob. Mendon, Worcester, Massachusetts
Chloe Holbrook (Ahnentafel No:49 )
Gazetteer of Cheshire County lists John's birthdate as 17 AUG 1788, but that does not agree with the birth records for Uxbridge.
Marriage intentions were filed in both Douglas and Mendon for John Holbrook and Mercy Hill but the exact date and location of the marriage is unknown.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Holbrook
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A056698 and #A055680.
- 2 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Uxbridge Births, Page 89, [Birth].
- 3 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Uxbridge Births, Vol. 1, Page 89, Birth record for John Holbrook.
- 4 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Douglas Marriages, Vol. 1, Page 114, Marriage intention for John Holbrook and Mercy Hill.
- 5 Massachusetts: Vital Records, 1620-1850, Mendon Marriages, Vol. 1, Page 322, Marriage intention for John Holbrook and Massa Hill.
- 6 New England Ancestors Magazine, Fall 2005, Vol. 6, Iss. 4, Page 40.
- 7 The Mayflower Descendant, 1991, Vol. 41, pp. 4-5.
- 8 Child, Christopher C., "Super Bowl Surprise", (accessed 02/08/2021).
- 9 Child, Hamilton, ed., Gazetteer of Cheshire County, New Hampshire, 1736-1885, Syracuse, NY: Hamilton Child, Journal Office (1885), 277, [Death].
- 10 Read, Benjamin, The History of Swanzey, New Hampshire, from 1734 to 1890, Salem, Massachusetts: The Salem Press Publishing and Printing Company (1892), 420.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 10, 19.
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 459, 481, 487, 495, 618.