- Father of Joseph Minor — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Clement Minor
- Birth Date:
- 23 Apr 1608
- Birth Location:
- Chew Magna, Somersetshire, England
- Christening Date:
- 23 Apr 1608
- Christening Location:
- St. Andrew, Chew Magna, Somersetshire, England
- Death Date:
- 23 Oct 1690
- Death Location:
- Stonington, New London, Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Wequetequock Burial Ground, Stonington, New London, Connecticut
- Spouse Name:
- Grace Palmer
- Marriage Date:
- 23 Apr 1634
- Marriage Location:
- Charlestown (now Boston), Suffolk, Massachusetts
Joseph Minor (Ahnentafel No:1 )
Thomas Minor's surname is also seen as Miner, Mynor, and Myner.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Thomas Minor
- 1 Connecticut: Vital Records (The Barbour Collection), 1630-1870, Stonington, p. 171, Death record for Thomas Minor.
- 2 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 11/30/2020).
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 1984, Vol. 138, pp. 182-185.
- 4 Portraits and Biographies of the Governors of Michigan, and of the Presidents of the United States, Chicago: Chapman Bros. (1885), 734-737.
- 5 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1262-1267.
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1381.
- 7 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium, Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015), 229.
- 8 FreeREG, Free UK Genealogy, Baptism record for Thomas Minor.
- 9 Jacobus, Donald L., The Genealogy of the Booth Family: Booth Families of Connecticut for Six or More Generations, Pleasant Hill, Missouri: Eden C. Booth (1952), 3.
- 10 Marshall, Edward Chauncey, The Ancestry of General Grant, and their Contemporaries, New York: Sheldon and Company (1869), 167.
- 11 Minor, Thomas, The Diary of Thomas Minor, Stonington, Connecticut, 1653 to 1684, New London, Connecticut: The Day Publishing Company (1899), 182-183, entry for 23 APR 1684 appears to confirm he was born the same day he was baptized.
- 12 Wheeler, Richard Anson, History of the Town of Stonington, County of New London, Connecticut, From its First Settlement in 1649 to 1900, New London, Connecticut: Press of the Day Publishing Company (1900), 466, 507.