30th U.S. President
- 2nd Great-grandfather of Calvin Coolidge — 5th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Penney
- Elizabeth Delano
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1754
- Birth Location:
- prob. Nine Partners, New York
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- ABT 1812
- Death Location:
- Plymouth, Windsor, Vermont
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Plymouth Notch Cemetery, Plymouth, Windsor, Vermont
- Spouse Name:
- Priscilla Grover
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1775
- Marriage Location:
- Guilford, Windham, Vermont
Priscilla Pinney (Ahnentafel No:15 )
Jonathan Pinney's surname is also seen as Penney.
Although Jonathan Pinney's grave marker state that he was born in England and emigrated to America, this may not be the case. The marker was placed many decades after his death and some now believe he may have been born in Nine Partners, Dutchess County, New York.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Jonathan Pinney
- 1 Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, Ancestor #A088559.
- 2 Gravestone image at FindAGrave.com, (accessed 08/24/2012).
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 2009, Vol. 163, p. 100.
- 4 The American Genealogist, 1977, Vol. 53, p. 67.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 5, 349.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 436, 441, 465.