Adlai Stevenson II
31st Governor of Illinois
- 10th Generation — 7th Great-grandfather of Adlai Stevenson II
- Ahnentafel No:
- Ralph Savage
- Birth Date:
- 19 Jun 1623
- Birth Location:
- Warwickshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- ABT 1695
- Death Location:
- Rappahannock County, Virginia
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Sarah Constable
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 6 Oct 1646
- Marriage Location:
- London, England
- Alice Savage
- Some older sources list Anthony's spouse as Alice Stafford. This appears to be the result of there being multiple Anthony Savage's being confused. Older sources point towards Anthony Savage and Alice Stafford being the parents of Alice Savage. Newer sources point to Anthony Savage and Sarah Constable.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Anthony Savage
- 1 London, England, Extracted Parish Records, Marriage record for Anthony Savage and Sarah Constable, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 2 Publications of the Southern History Association, 1898, Vol. 2, No. 2, p. 153, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 3 Brogan, Hugh and Charles Mosley, American Presidential Families, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company (1993), 257.
- 4 Davis, Lottie Wright, Records of Lewis, Meriwether and Kindred Families; Genealogical Records of Minor, Davis, . . ., Columbia, MO: Artcraft Press (1951), 155.
- 5 Faris, David, Plantagenet Ancestry of Seventeenth-Century Colonists: The Descent from the later Plantagenet Kings of England . . ., Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1999), 324.
- 6 King, George Harrison Sanford, Marriages of Richmond County, Virginia 1668-1853, Fredericksburg, Virginia: G.H.S. King (1964), 210, 248.
- 7 Richardson, Douglas and Kimball G. Everingham, Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 641.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 314.
- 9 Stanard, W. G., "The Thornton Family", The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 4, No. 2 (October 1895), 90, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 10 Strother, Edward L., The Strother Family: 300 Years from Virginia to Louisiana, Baltimore, Maryland: Gateway Press (2002), 9, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 11 Wikipedia, "Francis Constable", (accessed 08/14/2012).