Signer of the U.S. Constitution
- Mother of Nicholas Gilman — 2nd Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- John Taylor
- Elizabeth Rogers
- Birth Date:
- 16 Jul 1732
- Birth Location:
- Milton, Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 17 Mar 1783
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Winter Street Burial Ground, Exeter, Rockingham, New Hampshire
- Spouse Name:
- Nicholas Gilman
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1752
- Marriage Location:
John Taylor Gilman
Nicholas Gilman Jr. (Ahnentafel No:1 )
This Ann Taylor who married Nicholas Gilman was not the daughter of her father's second wife Dorothy as is claimed by some researchers. She is not mentioned as one of Dorothy's children in the will of Dorothy's brother. Also, the age on Ann's tombstone at the time of her death clearly indicates that she is the daughter of her father's first wife Elizabeth.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Ann Taylor
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 04/16/2020).
- 2 Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Tankard: John Burt (American, 1692/3-1745/46), (accessed 04/16/2020).
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Mayflower 500: Five Hundred Notable Descendants of the Founding Families on the Mayflower, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2020), 53, 200.
- 4 Sherman, Robert Moody et. al., Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 15, James Chilton-Richard More, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2 013), 131.
- 5 Teele, Albert K. and others by committee, The History of Milton, Massachusetts: 1640 to 1887, Boston: Press of Rockwell & Churchill (1887), 256.