Signer of the U.S. Constitution
- 6th Generation — 3rd Great-grandmother of Nicholas Gilman
- Ahnentafel No:
- James Chilton
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 30 May 1607
- Christening Location:
- St. Peter's, Sandwich, Kent, England
- Death Date:
- from 31 Jul 1676 to 1 May 1679
- Death Location:
- Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Kings Chapel Burying Ground, Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- John Winslow
- Marriage Date:
- from 1 Jul 1623 to 22 May 1627
- Marriage Location:
- Edward Winslow
Mary Chilton was a passenger on the Mayflower in 1620 and is believed by many to have been the first of the passengers to actually step onto Plymouth Rock.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Mary Chilton
- 1 Find A Grave, (accessed 03/18/2013).
- 2 New England Ancestors Magazine, 2001, Vol. 2.1, p. 40, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 1, A-F, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 354.
- 4 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 3, P-W, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 2029.
- 5 Jacobus, Donald Lines, The Waterman Family: Vol. I, Descendants of Robert Waterman of Marshfield, Massachusetts, New Haven, Connecticut: Edgar F. Waterman (1939), 62, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#77 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: An Assortment of Famous Actors", (accessed 10/04/2014), New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 148.
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 614.
- 9 Roser, Susan E., Mayflower Increasings, 2nd Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (1997), 107.
- 10 Sherman, Robert Moody et. al., ""Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 15, James Chilton-Richard More, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2013), 3, 5-7.
- 11 Wakefield, Robert S. and Russell L. Warner, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 14, Family of Myles Standish, Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2007), 5.