Inventor of the Colt Revolver
- 7th Generation — 4th Great-grandfather of Samuel Colt
- Ahnentafel No:
- Robert Stanley
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- 1 Apr 1604
- Christening Location:
- Tenterden, Kent, England
- Death Date:
- Apr 1648
- Death Location:
- Hartford, Hartford Co., Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Elizabeth -----
- Marriage Date:
- BEF 1629
- Marriage Location:
- Caleb Stanley
In publications prior to 2005, the parents of Timothy Stanley are often given as John Stanley and Susan Lancock. This is incorrect. The correct parentage of Timothy Stanley is given in The American Genealogist, Vol. 80, pp. 217-223.
The baptismal entry is written as Anthony, but apparently is crossed out with Timothy written over it.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Timothy Stanley
- 1 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), October 1995, Vol. 149, p. 411.
- 2 The American Genealogist, New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online), 2005, Vol. 80, pp. 219, 221-222, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-1635, Vol. VI, R-S, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 231, 461-466.
- 4 Phoenix, S. Whitney, The Whitney Family of Connecticut, and its Affiliations . . . of Henry Whitney, from 1649 to 1878, Vol. 1, New York: Privately Printed (1878), 16, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 5 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#61 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: Notable Descendants of the Stanleys of Hartford", (accessed 11/11/2014), New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 6 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 43, 110, 126.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 461.