Inventor of the Colt Revolver
- 9th Generation — 6th Great-grandmother of Samuel Colt
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 06 SEP 1641 to 27 JAN 1642/1643
- Death Location:
- Hartford, Hartford Co., Connecticut
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Richard Lyman
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1608
- Marriage Location:
- Richard Lyman
Some older published sources claim that Sarah was the daughter of either Richard or Roger Osborne of Halstead, Kent, England but no evidence has been found to support this.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Sarah -----
- 1 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1218-1219.
- 2 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 92.
- 3 Coleman, Lyman, Genealogy of the Lyman Family, in Great Britain and America; the Ancestors and Descendants of Richard Lyman from . . ., Albany, New York: J. Munsell (1872), 34-39, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 4 Frost, Josephine C., Ancestors of Henry Ward Beecher and His Wife Eunice White Bullard, Unknown: Unknown (1927), 62-63, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 5 Holman, Mary Lovering, Ancestry of Colonel John Harrington Stevens and his Wife Frances Helen Miller, Vol. 1, Concord, New Hampshire: Privately Printed at The Rumford Press (1948), 384-386, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 6 Jacobus, Donald Lines, ed., The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley and his Wife Emma Arabella Bosworth, Woodstock, Vermont: N. Grier Parke, II (1960), 148-149, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 7 Johnson, Alvin Page, Franklin D. Roosevelt's Colonial Ancestors: Their Part in the Making of American History, Boston: Lothrop, Lee and Shepard (1933), 145, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).