15th U.S. Vice-President
- Great-grandmother of Hannibal Hamlin — 4th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- (probable) Samuel Mayo
- (probable) Sarah Canterbury
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1696
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Benjamin Hamlin
- Marriage Date:
- 25 Oct 1716
- Marriage Location:
- Eastham, Barnstable, Massachusetts
Eleazer Hamlin (Ahnentafel No:4 )
Prior to 1951, the Mayflower Society accepted a false line of Anne Mayo as a descendant of William Brewster through her alleged parents of Samuel and Ruth Mayo. This was subsequently proven false and her true parents were discovered to have been Samuel and Sarah (Canterbury) Mayo. Therefore, she is NOT a Mayflower descendant.
Additional marriages for Anne Mayo
- William Graham
- Marriage Date:
- 7 Sep 1738
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Anne Mayo
- 1 Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Datebase) , New England Historic Genealogical Society (2001-2008) , Eastham-Orleans, Vol. 1, p. 57, Marriage record for Benjamin Hamlin and Anne Mayo.
- 2 The Mayflower Quarterly , Plymouth, Massachusetts: The General Society of Mayflower Descendants , 1951, Vol. 17.2, p. 10.
- 3 Andrews, H. Franklin , The Hamlin Family: A Genealogy of James Hamlin of Barnstable, Massachusetts , Exira, Iowa: Published by the Author (1902) , 53-58, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 4 Little, George Thomas, comp.
, Genealogical and Family History of the State of Maine, Volume 1
, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1909) , 6.
- 5 Wakefield, Robert S., ed. , Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: Vol. 20, Part 1, Henry Samson , Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants (2000) , 64.