Ancestry of Dr.
American Pediatrician and Author on Child Care
- 7th Great-grandfather of Benjamin Spock — 10th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Richard Lyman
- Sarah -----
- Birth Date:
- Sep 1623
- Birth Location:
- prob. High Ongar, Essex, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- 20 Aug 1690
- Death Location:
- Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Bridge Street Cemetery, Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts
- Spouse Name:
- Dorcas Plumb
- Marriage Date:
- 12 Jan 1654/1655
- Marriage Location:
- Branford, New Haven, Connecticut
John Lyman Jr. (Ahnentafel No:398 )
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Lyman
- 1 American Ancestors Magazine, 2011, Vol. 12.2, p. 41.
- 2 Find A Grave, (accessed 11/14/2012).
- 3 New Haven, CT: Families of Ancient New Haven, Vol. 3, p. 694.
- 4 Northampton, MA: Vital Records, Page 964, Marriage record for John Limon and Dorcas Plum (in Branford, CT).
- 5 The American Genealogist, 2007, Vol. 82, p. 259.
- 6 The American Genealogist, 1954, Vol. 30, p. 188.
- 7 Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol . 2, G-O, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (1995), 1219.
- 8 Barthelmas, Della Gray, The Signers of the Declaration of Independence: A Biographical and Genealogical Reference, Jefferson, N.C. and London: McFarland and Company, Inc., Publishers (1997), 92.
- 9 Coleman, Lyman, Genealogy of the Lyman Family, in Great Britain and America; the Ancestors and Descendants o f Richard Lyman from . . ., Albany, New York: J. Munsell (1872), 39-40.
- 10 Holman, Mary Lovering, Ancestry of Colonel John Harrington Stevens and his Wife Frances Helen Miller, Vol. 1, Concord, New Hampshire: Privately Printed at The Rumford Press (1948), 386.
- 11 Jacobus, Donald Lines, ed., The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley and his Wife Emma Arabella Bosworth, Woodstock, Vermont: N. Grier Parke, II (1960), 149.
- 12 Johnson, Alvin Page, Franklin D. Roosevelt's Colonial Ancestors: Their Part in the Making of American History, Boston: Lothrop, Lee and Shepard (1933), 146-148.