Founder of the Mormon Church
- 3rd Great-grandfather of Joseph Smith — 6th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1620
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- Sarah Colby
- Marriage Date:
- 6 Mar 1653/1654
- Marriage Location:
- Salisbury, Merrimack, New Hampshire
Sarah Bagley (Ahnentafel No:25 )
Orlando Bagley is said to have been a constable who apprehended his friend and neighbor Susannah Martin for witchcraft. She would be convicted during the Salem witch trials and be executed.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Orlando Bagley
- 1 Essex Antiquarian , 1901, Vol. 5, p. 65, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 The American Genealogist , New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online) , 1972, Vol. 48, p. 14, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 3 Anderson, Mary Audentia Smith , Ancestry and Posterity of Joseph Smith and Emma Hale: With Little Sketches of Their Immigran t Ancestors All of Whom . . . , Independence, Missouri: Herald Publishing House (1929) , see chart preceding p. 51, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 4 Holman, Mary Lovering , Ancestry of Charles Stinson Pillsbury and John Sargent Pillsbury , n.p.: n.p. (1938) , 138, 661, Ancestry.com (Online Database).
- 5 Martin, Mrs. Sophia (Smith) , Mack Genealogy: The Descendants of John Mack of Lyme, Conn. , Rutland, Vermont: The Tuttle Company, Printers (1903) , 1351, Google Books (Digital Library).