Quarterback for the Green Bay Packers
- 16th Generation — 13th Great-grandmother of Aaron Rodgers
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- 14 Oct 1580
- Burial Location:
- Dedham, Essex, England
- Spouse Name:
- Henry Sherman
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1539
- Marriage Location:
- Edmund Sherman
Agnes's father may have been Thomas Butter. Evidence is needed to support this claim.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Agnes -----
- 1 NEHGS NEXUS: New England Across the United States, 1995, Vol. 12, p. 66, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 2012, Vol. 166, pp. 245-259.
- 3 Tripp-Wilcox and Allied Families, Hartford, Connecticut: States Historical Company (1943), 21, Heritage Quest (Digital Library).
- 4 Brenneman, Richard E., "Notable Kin - New England in Hollywood, Part Three: The Possible Rhode Island Ancestry of Marilyn Monroe", www.americanancestors.org/notable-kin-the-possible-rhode-island-ancestry-of-marilyn-monroe, (accessed 10/09/2014), New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 5 Frost, Josephine C., Ancestors of Henry Ward Beecher and His Wife Eunice White Bullard, Unknown: Unknown (1927), 93, 96, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 6 Pope, Charles Henry, ed., Paine Ancestry: The Family of Robert Treat Paine, Signer of the Declaration of Independence, Including Maternal Lines, Boston: Printed for the Family (1912), 86.
- 7 Roberts, Gary Boyd, "#66 Royal Descents, Notable Kin, and Printed Sources: New England Ancestors of Depression-Era Novelist John Steinbeck", (accessed 10/16/2014), New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 8 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 83, 140-141, 183.
- 9 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 1, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1998), 175.
- 10 Roberts, Gary Boyd, Notable Kin, Volume 2, Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd (1999), 45, 177.
- 11 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 463.
- 12 Sherman, Thomas Townsend, Sherman Genealogy including Families of Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk, England, Some Descendants of the Immigrants . . ., New York: Tobias A. Wright, Printer and Publisher (1920), 52, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 13 Stratton, Bertha L., New Light on Henry Sherman of Dedham, Essex, England and Some Notes on His Descendants . . ., Staten Island, New York: Bertha L. Stratton (1954), 13, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 14 Stratton, Bertha L., Transatlantic Shermans, Staten Island, New York: Bertha L. Stratton (1969), 55-59, Internet Archive (Digital Library).