Lewis Henry Lapham
Co-Founder of Texaco
- 9th Generation — 6th Great-grandfather of Lewis Henry Lapham
- Ahnentafel No:
- Henry Briggs
- Birth Date:
- ABT 1609
- Birth Location:
- prob. York, Yorkshire, England
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- from 19 Apr 1690 to 16 Nov 1690
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Old Commons Burial Ground, Little Compton, Newport, Rhode Island
- Spouse Name:
- Sarah Cornell
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
Thomas Briggs (Ahnentafel No:200 )
John Briggs birth year is based on John giving his age as 64 at the trial of Thomas Cornell 20 FEB 1673.
Additional marriages for John Briggs
- Constant Mitchell
- Marriage Date:
- ABT 1662
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for John Briggs
- 1 Dutchess County, NY: The Settlers of the Beekman Patent , Vol. 2, p. 694, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 2 New England Historical and Genealogical Register , (New England Historic and Genealogical Society ), 1982, Vol. 136, p. 100.
- 3 New England Historical and Genealogical Register , (New England Historic and Genealogical Society ), 1971, Vol. 125, p. 77.
- 4 The American Genealogist , New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus (issues newer than 5 years not online) , 1948, Vol. 24, p. 7, New England Historic Genealogical Society (Online Database).
- 5 Aldridge, Bertha Bortle Beal , The Briggs Genealogy: Including the Ancestors and Descendants of Ichabod White Briggs 1609-19 53 . . . , Victor, New York: Unknown (1953) , 11-12, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- 6 Anderson, Robert Charles , The Grea t Migration Directory: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1640, A Concise Compendium , Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2015) , 41.
- 7 Austin, John Osborne , The Genealogical Dictionary of Rhode Island: Comprising Three Generations of Settlers Who Cam e Before 1690 , Albany, New York: Joel Munsells Sons (1887) , 25-26, FamilySearch.org (Online Database).
- 8 Cornell, Rev. John , Genealogy of the Cornell Family: Being an Account of the Descendants of Thomas Cornell of Por tsmouth, R.I. , New York: Press of T.A. Wright (1902) , 17-18, 24, Internet Archive (Digital Library).
- 9 Emery, William M. , The Howland Heirs: Being the Story of a Family and a Fortune and the Inheritance of a Trust E stablished . . . , New Bedford, Massachusetts: E. Anthony and Sons, Inc. (1919) , 36-37, Google Books (Digital Library).
- 10 Evans, Richard K. , The Ancestry of Diana, Princes s of Wales , Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2007) , 216.
- 11 Rhode Island Historical Cemetery Commission , Rhode Island Historical Cemetery Commission Gravestone Database , Tombstone listing John Brigg's birth and death year, (accessed 07/01/2020).
- 12 Roberts, Gary Boyd and William Addams Reitwiesner , American Ancestors and Cousins of The Princess of Wales , Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (1984) , 30, Ancestry.com (Online Database).