William C. C. Claiborne
1st Governor of Louisiana
- 4th Great-grandmother of William C. C. Claiborne — 7th Generation
- Ahnentafel No:
- Birth Date:
- Birth Location:
- Christening Date:
- Christening Location:
- Death Date:
- Death Location:
- Burial Date:
- Burial Location:
- Spouse Name:
- John West
- Marriage Date:
- Marriage Location:
John West Jr. (Ahnentafel No:38 )
There are many online family trees that claim Ann is the daughter of Jamestown settler George Percy (1580-c1632). However most historians believe that George Percy died unmarried and without issue. Without more conclusive evidence, the parentage of Anne, wife of John West, must be considered unknown.
Scroll down to see sources.
Sources for Anne -----
- 1 The American Genealogist, 1942, Vol. 18, No. 4, p. 217.
- 2 Dorman, John Frederick, Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia, 1607-1624/5, 4th ed., Vol. 3, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2007), 489.
- 3 Roberts, Gary Boyd, The Royal Descents of 600 Immigrants to the American Colonies or the United States (2 vols.), Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. (2008), 154.
- 4 Roberts, Gary Boyd, comp., Ancestors of American Presidents, 2009 Edition, Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society (2009), 412.
- 5 Weis, Frederick Lewis, et. al., Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America Before 1700, 8th Edition, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company (2004), 28.
- 6 Wikipedia, "John West (governor)", (accessed 01/23/2014).